- The Queen’s College, Oxford: JRF in the History of the Great War
The College invites applications for election to a Junior Research Fellowship in the History of the Great War, tenable for three years from 1st October 2014. Applicants will be considered who work on any aspect of the conflict, but the successful candidate will work closely with the members of Globalising and Localising the Great War. Fellowships are intended to support those at an early stage of their academic careers, and will normally be awarded to those who have recently completed their doctoral research, or are close to completion. Candidates must not have accumulated more than six years in full-time postgraduate study or research, nor have already held a research fellowship elsewhere.
Further particulars are available below or from the College Office, The Queen’s College, Oxford OX1 4AW, at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is noon on 28th April 2014, and interviews will be held on Thursday 22nd May 2014.
- Wadham College, Oxford: Okinaga JRF in Japanese Studies
Applications are invited for a Junior Research Fellowship in Japanese Studies, to be held
from 1 October 2014 for two years in the first instance, and renewable for a further year. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake a programme of research at post-doctoral level and will be required to make an annual report. Candidates are expected to be proficient in using Japanese sources, but there is no restriction as to the field of research within Japanese Studies. The holding of a doctorate is not a prerequisite, although the committee anticipates that plausible candidates will at least be close to finishing their PhD studies. Preference will be given to those who have not previously held a JRF at an Oxford or Cambridge College, and to those who have not been appointed to a tenured post in a university.
Applications, in the form of a covering letter and a curriculum vitae, and including a
summary of research history and future plans, and list of publications, should be sent to the Academic Administrator, Wadham College, Oxford, OX1 3PN, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by noon on Tuesday 6th May. Applicants should ask two
referees to write directly to the College’s Academic Administrator by the same date. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that letters from referees are received by this date.
- Canon Murray Fellowship in Irish History (post-doc)– Faculty of History/ St. Hugh’s College; application deadline 23 June 2014.
- Non-Stipendiary Junior Research Fellowship, St. Catherine’s College, Oxford: applications by 30 Sept. 2014. Further details here.
- Merton College: Clarendon Fund and John Roberts MC3 Graduate Scholarship – Globalising and Localising the Great War – October 2015. Applications by 23 January 2015. Further particulars here.
- Bennett Boskey Fellowship in Extra-European History since 1500, Exeter College, Oxford. Applications by 15 February 2015. Further particulars: Boskey_History_FPs_(final)
Vacancies outside Oxford
- Picturing the West India Regiments in an Age of Unrest, Civil War and Tourism, c.1850-1914– 2 x PhD studentships, University of Warwick. Application deadline 20 June 2014. Further details here.
- Lecturer in War and Society– Swansea University; application deadline 18 June 2014. Further details here.
- Post-doctoral Research Co-ordinator, Research Axis 5 (War and Traces of War in Europe), Paris IV- Sorbonne: applications by 1 August 2014. Further particulars here.
- Associate Professor in the History of War and Society, Chapman University, California: applications by 1 October 2014. Further details here.
- Associate Research Fellow: Everyday Lives in War: Experience and Memory During the First World War, Department of History, University of Exeter: applications by 2 Oct. 2014. Further particulars here.
- Opportunities for Scholars 2015-2016, School of Historical Studies, Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, NJ: applications by 1 November 2014. Further particulars here.
- Visiting Assistant Professor or Instructor of History, Wabash College, Indiana, US. Applications by 14 March 2015. Further particulars here.
- Lecturer in Modern History, Department of History, University of Sheffield. Applications by 18 March 2015. Further particulars here.